Holiday Shopping FAQ + Shipping Tips
HOLIDAY SHOPPING FAQ + SHIPPING TIPS
The Holidays are here and when it comes to Holiday shopping in 2020, the earlier the better! Below you'll find everything you need to make your holiday shopping experience with us as easy as possible. If you have a question that isn't answered here, please email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you asap!
PEARL STREET: 10AM-8PM Mon-Sat, 10AM-6PM Sun
OXBOW: 10AM-6PM Tu-Wed, 9AM-7PM Thu-Mon
MAIN STREET BOOKMINE: 10AM-5PM Mon-Sat
IMPORTANT SHIPPING DEADLINES
Order by December 1st to receive by Hanukkah
Order by December 16th to receive by Christmas
SHOP OUR HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
Click HERE to shop our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide.
RULES FOR VISITING
We want to continue to serve you as best as we can, and in order to do so we've compiled a list of ways to help you have a positive, safe holiday shopping experience:
1. Purple tier means we can allow max 6 (six) customers in our store at a time. Last Friday we had our first line out the door stretching all the way to the corner! During peak times, we will have a door monitor. If you are shopping in-person, please try to visit during off-peak times (Mon-Sat from 5-8pm). You can also book a private, early hours shopping appointment below.
2. Shop online at www.napabookmine.com! We are offering FREE local delivery (within Napa City limits) for orders over $35 through December 24. The "Free Local Holiday Delivery" option will automatically show up as a shipping option for all orders over $35.
3. Please note that children of any age count in our max capacity total.
4. If you have a list of books to order from us and choose not to shop online at napabookmine.com or cannot find the items you want on our website, please EMAIL YOUR LIST to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of calling us over the phone. Our front line booksellers will be prioritizing people shopping in-person so we can get them in and out of our shops quickly. We have multiple remote booksellers monitoring the email@example.com address to help you with all of your orders and questions in a timely manner.
5. Please arrive wearing your mask correctly (over your nose!) and we do require hand sanitizing before browsing.
6. We have always offered free gift wrapping and will continue to do so during this holiday season as a "next day" pickup service. We do not have the space to wrap and remain distanced so we've had to change our process. We will do paper only, no ribbons, because there will be a lot of books in bags and the ribbons will get squished. If you order online, we also offer free wrapping.
7. Be kind to your booksellers. It can be extremely stressful to work with the public under these conditions. We want to protect our staff's mental and physical health as they all continue to show up and do what they love to do. Thank you for shopping locally and taking this seriously with us. Shop early, shop safely, shop local!
MAKE A PRIVATE EARLY HOURS SHOPPING APPOINTMENT
We are now offering private shopping hours at our Pearl St. location every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9AM-10AM so you can shop by yourself (limit of 6 per group of friends/family). Naomi will greet you bright and early so you can shop worry-free, get recommendations, and have all your bookish questions answered.
Request an appointment on our Google form here. Please note: there is a $50 non-refundable booking fee required to secure your appointment. Once we receive your request we will send you an invoice via Square. Your appointment is not confirmed until payment is received. Your $50 deposit will be credited towards any purchase made in the store on the day of your appointment.If you are unable to make your appointment and have to cancel, your $50 will be added to a gift card for you to use at any of our 3 Bookmine locations.
HOW DO I KNOW IF AN ITEM IS IN STOCK?
"On Our Shelves Now" means we have an item in-stock at one of our three Bookmine locations. The location should be listed, but may not always be accurate. We can also transfer items from one location to another if you would prefer to pick up at a specific shop.
"Not On Our Shelves" means we don't currently have an item in stock, but should be able to get it for you within 1-5 days.
"Special Order" or "Out of Print" means that this item may be unavailable or take longer to ship. If you are interested in a Special Order/Out of Print title, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it for you and provide an update asap.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.
WHAT ARE MY SHIPPING/PICKUP OPTIONS?
We offer multiple shipping and pick-up options for orders placed online.
Shipping: We offer Media Mail and USPS Priority Mail (insured and trackable) shipping options for orders placed online. Your shipping rate is calculated based on the number of items in your order. Orders shipped via Media Mail will arrive within 3-10 days. If you are placing an order for a "Special Order" item, shipping times will vary so be sure to keep that in mind. We'll do our best to let you know when you can expect your items to arrive. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Store Pickup: If you are a Napa local or are visiting the area, you can also pick up your order at any Bookmine location. If you are placing an order online and wish to pick it up in-store select the "I would like to pick this order up at the store" button at checkout and it will prompt you to select the Bookmine location at which you'd like to pick your order up.
Local Delivery: We offer $4 Local Delivery to Napa zip codes 94558 or 94559 within Napa city limits. If you live within the qualifying zip codes and would like us to deliver your books, enter your address and select "Delivery to Zip codes 94559 and 94558 within Napa city limits, $4" at checkout.
CAN I SHOP USED BOOKS ONLINE?
Yes! We do not currently have our used books on our main website, but you can shop our full selection of used inventory via our Alibris store at napabookmine.alibrisstore.com. If you are a Napa local and find something you like on our Alibris store, but don't want to ship it to yourself, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 707-733-3199 and we'll reserve it for you to pick up in the store.
We offer two types of gift cards: physical gift cards and online only gift cards. Physical gift cards can be used in-store at any Bookmine location. If you'd like to purchase a physical gift card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-733-3199.
Online Only Gift Cards can be used in our online store (not redeemable in-person). Purchase an Online Only Gift Card here.
Give the gift that keeps on giving - a Bookmine subscription! We have two subscription services - Parcel of Pages and CARDSTOCK - and they both make great gifts!
Parcel of Pages is a personalized book subscription curated by Elayna, our book buyer. Simply fill out this form with your information and Elayna will contact you for more info! If your subscription is a gift, please still fill out the form with your own contact information. Sign up now.
CARDSTOCK is a monthly greeting card subscription curated by Naomi, our owner! For $22/month(+tax) you or your loved ones will receive 3 greeting cards (with envelopes), 3 stamps, and 1 vinyl sticker. Subscriptions are totally customizable upon reques. Sign up now.
Questions? Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll respond asap!