The award-winning creators of the popular travel-inspired cooking blog Husbands That Cook, Ryan Alvarez and Adam Merrin have written their very first vegetarian cookbook! Cooking has always been a central part ofAdam and Ryan's relationship; from their tiny kitchen in Eagle Rock, CA, these inventive husbands are whipping updishes inspired by their world travels and that represent significant moments in their love story. The book features photography by Napa's own Emma K. Morris!
- Coconut Curry with Chickpeas and Cauliflower: Inspired by their first date at a shopping mall food court
- Island Breakfast Bowl: To remind them of a vacation in Kauai where Adam injured his knee and still completed an 8 mile hike
- Communication Breakdown Carrot Cake: One of their biggest kitchen disasters
- Lemon Barley Soup: First made from fresh lemons grown on the tree that Ryan gave Adam for his birthday when they first moved into their home
- The First Kiss: Velvety cocktail inspired by their first kiss on a romantic autumn evening
With Husbands That Cook, home cooks can create fresh and savory dishes that Ryan and Adam have long been perfecting. Featuring brand new unreleased recipes, and a few of the most beloved favorites from the blog, the book is complete with stunning photos of each dish, travels around the world, and vignettes from their lives written with their trademark spunk and enthusiasm for life.
As more people are discovering the benefits of healthy eating and plant-based diets, these delicious recipes will delight vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike, including tasty options for vegan and gluten-free diets.
“This is a terrific debut that stands out among other vegetarian titles.” —Publishers Weekly
"I love this book! It is truly impossible not to love Adam and Ryan and Husbands that Cook. Between the giggle-worthy headnotes and wildly craveable recipes, this is a book that you will use again and again, and all the while feel as if you are cooking with two great friends." —Molly Yeh, cookbook author and Food Network star
Ryan Alvarez and Adam Merrin live in a house on a hill in Eagle Rock, California, with their cat, Sylvia. Since its inception in 2015, their Husbands That Cook blog was a finalist for Saveur magazine’s Best How-To Cooking Blog award (‘16) and a Taste Talks Awards Nominee for Best Food Blog (’17). In addition to their shared culinary career, Adam is one of the founding members of the indie-rock band The 88 and Ryan sings classical music and acts in TV shows and commercials.
Gaby Dalkin says: "Adam and Ryan make vegetarian recipes that are not only delicious but they'll satisfy any meat lover too!"