Napa Bookmine is proud to support self-and independently published authors. We accept books on consignment under the following terms:
- A review copy of the book must be left for Elayna Trucker, preferably at the 2nd Street shop (if another shop is more convenient to you, that's fine, just understand that it will take longer to reach Elayna). You can also mail the copy to Elayna at 1625 Second St., Napa, CA 94559.
- Please include your name, phone number, and email address with your review copy.
- Books must be professionally copyedited; if there are enough grammatical, spelling, or formatting errors to be distracting to the reader, your book will not be considered for stocking.
- We cannot accept spiral bound or stapled books, and books with the title and author on the spine are strongly preferred
- Authors that do not link to or mention Amazon in your introductory communications are strongly preferred
- Our consignment program is for local (Greater Bay Area) authors only; few exceptions will be made due to the work involved in managing the program
- Books accepted on consignment will be shelved in our local authors section (unless another section is deemed more appropriate by our buyer).
- Napa Bookmine will pay 55% of the cover price to the author for any book sold within three months of the sale.
- All payments will be made in the form of a check.
- Payment is issued every three months: January, April, July, and October.
- Unsold copies will be returned to the author at no cost to Napa Bookmine after a period of 6 months, or at the buyer's discretion.
- If you would like to be considered for an event, please visit this informational page.
Books for consignment consideration will not be accepted between Thanksgiving and New Years, thank you!